

Lots of things happening Wednesday! We decided to have a back to school swim party with several of the girls friends and it started around 11am...I realized at 10:55 I needed ice, so mom ran over (Steve was in OKC) and as I left to go get ice, I realized Kitty Cat was lying in the road, upon closer inspection, it turns out Kitty Cat had been hit by a car and amazingly enough was still breathing...so, I ran back in the house to let mom know I was taking a detour, ran back outside and gathered KC up and drove him to Dr. Lyndon...it was not good, he was breathing strong, but that was it. He had no pupillary response, nor any kind of response to anything. He couldn't move his legs or blink. After a phone call to Steve, we decided it would be best to put him to sleep. The only good news was he was going to get neutered next week, so at least he gets to go to kitty heaven all in tact! I managed to go on and get ice and make it back to the party, which was a hit! The girls are all such good girls and we all had a blast! Two of the moms brought their new babies (both under 6 weeks old! How wonderful! I am trying not to have babyitis...) so all the moms got to ooohh and aaahhh over them!
After the party, we went in around 4:30 to get dried off and ready for church. I made it to my room when I heard a scream and ran back into the game room to find Karsten with blood pouring from near his left eye! After cleaning it up a little we were able to determine it probably didn't need stitches and fortunately the cut didn't affect his eye. Needless to say we didn't make it to church that night! Then at bedtime, I finally had to tell Makenzie about her kitty cat. I had been dreading it but she took the news like a champ and then asked if we could go to the vet's the next day and get another kitty! Got to love 5 year olds! Then she proceeded to tell me how much fun Kitty Cat, Nemo & Angel fish were having playing together in heaven! Who knew having fish (that died an early death) would help prepare her for losing her cat...
No comments:
Post a Comment