




Today was the girls first day of school! Very exciting for all of us! Makenzie was up and dressed in about 5 mintues! Sydney even picked out a pair of sandles and put them on all by herself! Needless to say, I was not going to put her inserts & tennis shoes on after that! We managed to get there a little early to give Sydney plenty of time to walk - which she did beautifully! And I did great until Sydney's aide mentioned how last year Sydney couldn't even walk 5 steps without falling last year on the first day of school. Momma got a little choked up on that...but I held in there and the girls left me behind at the door and never looked back - well, after giving me a kiss, they went on in and had a blast!
When I picked up the girls, Ms. Wilkerson (the aide) said Sydney had a great day and did sooo good! She even ate the cafeteria food and enjoyed it! Never fell, did a great job listening, and thinks she will have a great school year. Mrs. Julian said both girls did great and that when she was reading a book to the class, she had explained how she wasn't going to raise her voice, that the kids were going to have to be quiet so everyone could hear her read. Well, a little into it, some of the kids were talking and Makenzie says "Excuse me...would you please be quiet so we can all hear Ms. Julian read? She will hurt her voice if she has to read louder so please be quiet!" Mrs. Julian was rather cracked up by our petite girl telling everyone what for! And in such a sweet little voice and so politely! She is a treat!
In the mean time, Karsten and I had quite a day! We rode bikes with my cousin Krystal and her little girl and had a great time doing that. Then Karsten & I went to the bank, Poppy's office and to go eat at Sonic...after making it back home, Karsten went down for a nap and I got to go hang out in the pool for a little while! It was so peaceful! Until I dropped my cell phone in the water and fried it! Then, I actually got to shower and had to wake Karsten up and to get the girls! Karsten totally loved having Mommy all to himself! I think he is going to love having the girls in school! At least for a week or two! Then he will probably be bored with me! After school we went to Radio Shack to file an insurance claim on my cell and to get a loaner, to Poppy's to tell him all about our first day of school and then we finally made it back home! After dinner, we took a ride on Makeznie's new bike (forgot the camera so no new pics of her on the bike yet! AGH!) and then bath and bed! YEAH!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment