The Church Youth trip was a blast! We went to the Ft. Worth zoo which was great and saw an IMAX movie (only one of the kids almost threw up, so that was good too!) And you can't go to the Dallas area without shopping - we hit the Grapevine and Frisco Malls and shopped til we dropped! The kids were all great to hang out with and then as soon as we got home Steve & I raced to OKC to meet up with our family at the Circus! It was a pretty good Circus and the kids loved it! They got to ride elephants so they were in hog heaven! Until it was time to say goodbye to their cousins, then things got quite sad and whiney! Fortuantely, 2 of our 3 were asleep within 5 minutes of the drive home! Mak had to stop and get something to eat! Then she passed out too!
Sat was a great lazy day for us all! We barely moved until noon! Makenzie asked a few rough questions about Sydney - Why did God make Sydney like that? I hate that Sydney can't be more like us. Will Sydney ever get better? Why can't Sydney talk? etc...I sometimes struggle with these same questions and why we can't get any answers, how can I expect her too? I just told her that I don't know all the answers but I do know that God has a plan for each of our lives and that He gave us to each other for a reason too. And one day in Heaven when God has given us our new bodies that she will be able to run and talk and do all the things eveyone else will be doing and she will be able to tell Mak thank you for being such a great sister and for standing up for me when I couldn't do it for myself and for loving me when it was hard too. Mak thought about it for a little bit and thought that was ok and said she was looking forward to going to heaven so she could play with Sydney. We talked about how much God loves each of us and he made each of us for a very special task that only we can do for Him. So God made each us of very special and He knew what He was doing. Our job is just to love Him and let Him love us!! We also talked about praying for Sydney and asking God to help Sydney, so ever since then she has been praying for God to help Sydney learn to talk better and be able to run without losing her balance and to be able to play better! Too precious!
We have been enjoying the better weather and spending most of our time outside again, at least until this little jag of rain and storms! Which has been ok as Karsten has been running 103* for a few days now...the rest of us are fine, so it must be something we've all already had! Thank you God! Of course, while he was sick I let him sleep with us and last night we paid the price for that - trying to keep him in his bed was a nightmare! He is such a momma's boy! He's just so cute and sweet! At least he has finally given up getting eggs out of the refrigerator! (Again, THANK YOU GOD!)
Guess that's it for now...I'll try to get my pics downloaded sometime soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment