It's been another whirlwind week for the Terrell Clan! Thurs night we left around 9pm to head to the kids' cousins house and spend a few days with them! We had a great time (of course, Karsten did NOT sleep well - ok, not at all...) and the kids had a blast hanging out at their house. The big news there is that the Bomhoff's are moving to Stillwater! We are so jealous but so excited for them! To add to the fun, when they put in their criteria for a house search, only one house was found and it happened to be the house that my parents built in 1974 in Sangre Ridge! What are the odds! Some of the fixtures were the origianl fixtures! Taking the virtual tour was like walking back in time! Crazy!
Sunday Steve gave his testimony to the youth group. He did such a good job and they seemed to really listen. We have had such a great time working with the youth! We have a great group of kids!
Monday Sydney went to OKC for a pschological exam (they needed her IQ & functioning age for a program that we are applying for that will hopefully help us out with medical expenses.) That was an interesting experience. She wasn't really able to do the standardized tests, so it was more an estimate but what do you do? I'm sure they occasionally have to deal with that with other kids too. Tuesday was another therapy day and then Wednesday I had a Dr visit in OKC...nothing like driving to OKC three days in a row when gas is almost $3 a gallon! Thursday Steve & I dished up ice cream for the grade school kids as part of the PTO...always fun but very exhausting! Friday Steve was in OKC and then that night I took the kids to Granny & Grandpa's and caught the chruch bus to OKC (the youth were going to the Hornets game, and so were Steve & I, so this way only one car to drive home!) So we got to see the last OKC Hornets basketball game! It was fun and sad too. Somewhere along the week our computer wound up being so slow we couldn't even work on it anymore, so our computer is getting checked out and I have been having to borrow computers the last few days to get things done! Can't live with them, can't live without them!
The kids are all doing great! We had a parent teacher meeting with the girls' teacher and Makenzie is going to go to T-1 next year. (It's a transitional 1st grade...it's really a great program to have available, not many schools around here have it yet...) While Makenzie knows the material, she is still just a little immature (from being premature) and is so tiny compared to the other kids. SO this will give her a year to grow and mature before heading to 1st grade. We still don't know whats going to happen with Sydney. We haven't had that meeting yet. I don't know if she will do T-1 or repeat kindergarten. She is really picking up on signs and the words she knows the sign for she speaks clearer than those she doesn't. We have been having some play dates and it's so fun to watch the girls play with other kids.
Karsten on the other hand is a mess! All the excitement of Easter has started up his egg fetish again! He cracked a doz eggs in our game room the other night. Steve thought he was with me and I thought he was with Steve! Boy, were we wrong! Then, 2 days later...he does it again at Nannys! I do not know what the deal is with cracking eggs but I wish he'd get over it! I have tried so many different ways to keep him out of the fridge - from locks to different discipline actions and nothing seems to work! UGH! He is such a BOY!!!!! After talking last night with several other parents who each have 3 boys, I feel much better though...apparently he is a totally normal BOY!!!
I will download pics as soon as I get my computer or a new computer!
No comments:
Post a Comment