Monday, March 26, 2007

Especially for Mrs. Julian & Ms. Wilkerson

I owe you both such a huge apology! I allowed my emotions and a few well-meaning people (who like me did NOT know the whole story) get me all riled up and I threw around some thoughtless words when venting and I hurt you. I am so sorry. I should have known in my heart that you two would never do anything not in Sydney's best interests. You both have gone out of your way to take care of Sydney and why I jumped to conclusions without seeing the obvious (Sydney is a mike hog & wouldn't give it up without a major meltdown, so it would be better for her to go off the stage than to throw a fit in front of everyone - duh!) anyway...I am so sorry and hope that you will forgive me. I have no excuse except sometimes it is just so hard to be a mom to a special needs kid - as wonderful as she is, and I know she is! - plus, we had my sisters' kids all week and you don't mean to, but it's hard not to compare the "normal" twins with my twins when they are the same age and all. And it's not just what Sydney can't do, but what Makenzie is missing out on too. Most of the time I am fine with that. I know that I know that I know that God has a plan for all 3 of my kids and God gave them to us for a reason and vice versa, but occassionally you have a moment, day or week where you know this in your head but your heart just cries out at the injustice of it all. Then I pour it out to God (literally with tousands of tears) - and He comforts me and He takes away the pain and I feel His peace lift me up again. And I have joy again in the raising of my 3 kids. But in the mean time, I hurt you and I am so sorry. Please forgive the overly emotional, in the heat of the moment, don't mess with my bear cub, etc...words and know that we think you are the best! We love you and can't thank you enough for your kindess and the love you give our girls.

No comments: