Friday, December 08, 2006

I am a little stressed out tonight...this is the second time in a week I've had to call poison control on Karsten! The first time, he brought in a bottle of ibuprofin that I had beside my bed (minor knee injury) and I apparently forgot to put it up the next morning, after another sleepless night in Karsten's room and I was in the kitchen cooking when Karsten walks in saying "yum" and shaking the bottle. It happens to the the one non-child proof lid bottle in the house...of course...and he tells me he ate some. When I asked how many - he showed me a handful! I ask him a few different times and ways and look for traces of color or pills. I find no evidence that he has eaten any & I did give him chewable Tylenol about an hour earlier so I'm not sure that he didn't just want more of those but you can't assume anything with this kid - so - I got to call poison control! Fortunately, everything was ok and I really don't think he did ingest any of the ibuprofin, but still...more gray hairs! Then, tonight, I am cooking and the kids are watching Frosty the Snowman but they were so quiet I decided to look in on them when I see Karsten sucking on the nozzle of a Windex bottle (Steve was helping clean the other day & apparently forgot to put up the Windex!) so after smelling his breath and finding Windex on it...here goes another call to poison control! Again, fortunately, everythings is ok, but holy cow, I am a basket case now! He is so into absolutely everything and you think you have things where he can't get them and viola' he gets into it! I've never seen anything like it! And this is coming from a mom of twins!

OK, better go, Steve is playing with the kids, but I'm just a little paranoid now...

No comments: