To recap the last few days...
We had a blast at a few superbowl parties! The kids had a ball! They were after church at our Youth Dept and then at the Children's Dept so lots of kids, noise & pizza! Our Youth director grew up in Chicago area and is a HUGE Bears fan so we all got to heckle him all night just for fun! We really didn't care who won, we just enjoyed the evening!
Monday night I spoke at the School Board meeting about the bond issue...that was interesting...I was even quoted in the Duncan Banner yesterday and I'm sure it will be in the M. Review today...little nerve racking having your name in the paper like that...at least they got the quotes mostly right! Which is funny cause I got one of the quotes from our preacher Sunday night at church! I didn't have anything to write on and wrote on my hand and then told Bro. Joe after church was over that I was going to be quoting him the next night! Here it is "When you don't take the opportunity to make things better, they will always get worse!" SO, there you go...
Tuesday early in the morning, Mak woke up sick to her stomach and wound up not going to school and running fever & throwing up later that morning. Fortunately for all of us, she is fine now and no one else seems to have gotten it...scary to even write down the words...
Sydney had a great therapy day Tue! All of the therapists were totally thrilled with the things she was doing! She seems to be picking things up again...they had slowed done a little but hopefully we're on another big run! She's so funny!
Last night we had to watch our beloved Cowboys bomb out at Norman...we can't win games shooting 20% in the first half! I don't get it...of course, you can always add a little sooner magic (also known as home cooking) when you're at Norman! HA!
I just looked at my calendar and realized I'm suposed to be a judge at a regional academic bowl today! In one hour! I was just getting ready to run to Lawton to pick up decorations for our Youth Valentine's banquet! Oh dear! Better go, I've got to figure out what in the world I'm doing...I also don't have a babysitter right now! ARGH!
No comments:
Post a Comment