Saturday, November 18, 2006

What a nice easy going week! Except that Steve was gone for most of it...oh well, can't have everything!

Nanny had a birthday and the kids helped make and decorate some special cupcakes for her! Big mess, but lots of fun! Sydney was able to start back PT and OT at OKC this week which was good! She was however not impressed with the PT at school this week and came back to her classroom crying...not sure what happened, but she recovered quickly after being back with her class and that was that...

Makenzie told me Thur morning that she didn't want to go to school as some of the kids had called her names...they called her a boy and a meanie boy...of course I blurted out my first inclinatation which was "tell them they need to get their eyes checked - you are obviously a girl" to which Mak replied "but Momma, I'll never remember all that!" And by then I realized a said that smarty comment out loud and told her that she should tell them that it isn't nice to call people names and walk away. She alternates between being too sensitive and then caring less what anyone else thinks...oh my heart, I don't want her to stay as sensitive as I was at that age!

Sydney is just happy to be riding her 2 wheel bike everywhere! (with training wheels, but still!) She is doing so many great things! Sometimes it's hard not to wonder too much about the future and what it holds for her...but you just can't focus there, you have to look at today and how far God has allowed her to come! What a gift she is - and all our children!

Karsten is such a boy! I know, I keep saying it, but you just have to or cry! HA HA He managed to take off his diaper and run around naked for a while and it was all funny until Daddy found some poop on the floor! AAGGHH!!! Little stinker! Literally!

The high school team won last night so we move forward in the playoff's - very exciting! The girl's "Outlaw Buddy" is playing so good and they love watching and listening for Drew's name! That is such a neat program! I'm not sure who we play next week, but hopefully we will win! The last championship we played in my brother was a senior and the last one we won, my dad played in! I hope we don't have to wait for Karsten to win another one! HA

No comments: